Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

Can I recieve child support when non custodial parents lives with me only on weekends?

My husband and I have been seperated for 2 years. We live in Florida. I just got awarded child support. We want to move in as roommates. We are trying to work on our marriage. The courts know we are working on things. However, he will actually only be at the house on weekends because he works 2 hours away and will stay at the job. Plus my house will be healthier for our sick daughter and he can visit with her. Basically he will stay at my house for his visitations. I don't want to cancel child support incase things go south. So can I still recieve child support?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (16)
  • Also he would help with living cost. Most likely half down the middle.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

  • This could be viewed as fraud. I would check with your attorney

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

  • If you two are not married, and there is a court order for child support, then you can still receive child support. And you said the courts know, so I'm sure they would have told you if you weren't going to be able to receive it anymore.

    I would just be very careful to make sure it's defined clearly as a roommate situation. Draw up a written agreement between you about what he's paying, and what you're paying, and all that. And if things work out between you (and good luck, I hope they do!), then I would get with your lawyer and the courts ASAP to get the child support order dropped.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 11:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

  • do you get any state aid?
    if so- be careful- as state involved and giving money- they WILL care of father lives with you

    if no state aid- then less issue

    do the PO box
    if he needs address other than PO box
    i would call lawyer to make sure there will be no issues in future

    good luck on your marriage
    hope it works out well for all

    Answer by fiatpax at 12:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

  • This doesn't sound right but I would ask your lawyer.

    Answer by booklover545 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

  • As long as it isn't his formal residence, it shouldn't matter.

    Answer by DDDaysh at 4:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.