Dinner ideas for Vday?

I want to make my SO a nice dinner for valentines day, but im not a big cook, so I need ideas for something simple!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 11:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Also check out pinterest for romantic ideas!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Broil some rib eye sticks wrapped with bacon, and some asparagus dirzzled with olive oil, then sprinkled with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Serve with a baked potato and all of the topping....chocolate pudding or cherry pie for dessert. Simple and romantic.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• We're veggie, so no steaks or bacon here. A nice broiled or grilled salmon?

I made a really nice pea and cheese ravioli one year. I used egg roll wrappers for the pasta base.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Rachael Ray made this chicken dish today that looked fabulous. I'm thinking of making it.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/chicken-ham-and-mozzarella-and-broiled-tomatoes/
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I usually make Colorado Lobster (steak and lobster).
    for the steak marinade them for 4-6 hours in 2T (tablespoon) of worchestershire, 2T soy sauce, 2T A-1 sauce 2T McCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning and 2T olive oil. Wisk all thoe together and pour over steaks. For the lobster I usually buy them fozen just the tails. Boil them according to directions on the package, but take them out about 3 minutes early. cool them on a cutting board. Start the steaks 7 minutes on one side 5 minutes on the other for medium steaks. pull them off and let them "rest" while you finish the lobster. Cut away the shell, chop the tail then simmer them in butter on the stove. Pour over the steaks serve with potatoes, green beans, or whatever sides you like.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Make his favorite meal. My Hubby loves Lamb. I don't know if he'll be home, so I'm not going to stress over it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• whats his fave food? id cook that
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2013