How often do you have date night?

A few months ago my husband started planning date night for us every Friday. It was nice at first, but it's becoming troublesome to find a sitter. Plus, I would like to include the kids at times.

I'm not being ungrateful, but he is so obsessed that when sister in law called sick today he calls his mom to ask her. She has a broke leg and is 80 years old! I feel like we are pawning the kids off way too much. I want the kids to come with us tonight, but he refuses to go.

So, how often do you have date night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• Every couple of months.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Never. My husband is not a big going-out kind of guy. Sounds like your husband is more than a little needy, in my opinion. Yeah, it's nice to spend time together alone, but to make such a big deal out of skipping one date seems a little over the top.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Maybe once a month. My mom will take my son overnight once in a while but even then we usually just go home and go to bed lol. We're going out on a cruise around the bay tonight. It's actually an event for work but I'm only there to supervise really so I'm bringing him along and we'll get to enjoy ourselves.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Every other Sat night - but we don't always go out on date night. Sometimes we put the kids to bed a little early and eat pizza by candlelight or watch a movie or sit by the fireplace. Date night isn't about going out, it's about spending time together.

Answer by missanc at 5:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• As often as we can. Usually about once a month or every other month. It is hard to find a sitter sometimes. Once a week does sound like a bit much. How about a date night at home after the kids go to bed?
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Lol.

We have not had a date since before we had kids.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• its been a long while...and we have a desperate-to-have-the-kids babysitter (my mom) but we just dont have the time or money.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I can't remember the last time. I don't like to pay sitters and we don't have any family that will watch them. My husband works nights, my daugher has school only 1/2 day so we have 2 hours alone every day.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Never. Never ever. My kids are 10 and 7 and there is no one we trust to watch the kids, so we've never had the option to get a sitter. Now that they're in school, we will sometimes meet for breakfast or lunch.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• you dont have to leave the house to have quality time together. DH and i do have home dates a lot and they are almost just as good as going out. just wait till the kids are in bed.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2013