Should I? Should I not?

Should I send a letter explaining how I feel to someone who is no longer my friend and that has deleted me from Facebook? Long story short, a former friend of mine recently made a very rude and hurtful comment about one of my children and I really just want her to know how it made me feel. Thoughts only please, no bashing. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• Hmmm. Nah.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• The thing is we really don't know the situation. What was said? How long were you friends? Were you real life friends or just FB friends? Do you want to be their friend again or just say hurtful things back?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• No you should not send a letter. She doesn't care how you feel about it. She is not your friend anymore.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• let it go
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• as well. I have not talked to her since all this happened and to my knowledge, this is the ONLY reason we are not friends anymore, because I expresed my feelings that she apparently does not agree with. She has called me once since this happened to tell me that my son and her daughter (who go to the same school and ride the same bus) are not getting along &tha t her daughter was threatened twice to be written up. I told her that I was unaware of any such problems between them & she proceeded to tell me that because of my son's I.E.P., he will never get thrown out of the school or be put of the bus (he has been suspended from school and the bus for bad behavior). Since then, I found out that she had a death in her family & I sent her and her family a condolence card & never got a thank you, I got nothing. I simply want her to know how all this has made me feel so that maybe we can come to an understanding and at least be civil.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• We were very close for almost 6 years. My oldest two children recently lost their biological father (they didn't have a relationship with them as he walked out when they were very young.) and I posted a picture of him with them as a memory for them. My husband, their stepfather, has raised them since they were 9 months and 2 years old. She (my former friend) commented on the picture that it was a slap in my husband's face and that I took the "daddy" title away from him (my husband). I expressed to her that I would have rather her call me or discuss her opinions in person or on the phone and not necesarily on Facebook. She expressed that if I didn't want anyone to comment, I should not have posted the picture. I am not, in any way, upset by her opinion as we are all entitled to our own. I am more upset that since I expressed my feelings to her, she wants nothing to do with me and has deleted me as her friend on Facebook (cont.)
    Anonymous

• Leave it alone. Continuing to try and bring it up will just make things worse.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• For what? You aren't going to be friends again, so what would be the point? Let it go.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• If you are no longer friends then what difference would it make.
    I see no harm in doing it. But see nothing that you will accomplish. It might you feel better but if that is all then write and post it in the circular file
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I remember the fb photo story.
    Shes a twat. Let it go
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2013