If you got a settlement from a class-action lawsuit would you...

put it all in the joint bank account or put in a bit and spend the rest on what you please. you are a SAHM who normally has no income and are on a budget. i have no idea how much - lets say 10k.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Money & Work

• Say you lost and keep the money :)

If I won 10,000 dollars I don't know what I'd do. Probably buy a new-to-me KIA with a warranty and stash the rest away.

SO would throw a fit if I paid off the credit card with it. Maybe a car and a cruise.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• It would be used as family money as is all the income in our household. I have been a SAHM for 8 years, the money my dh earns is "our" money, as is any income I bring in from the sales of my pottery. There is no separate accounts here nor are there any "mine" and "yours".
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Class action nets usually a hundred bucks lol because there are so many respondants. That amount i might get a family protrait done
    or a dinner.

!0K I would pay off bills and help my family.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Most class action lawsuits don't end up doling out a ton of money, it's usually no more thn 100.00 lol. I'd try not o spend it all in one place
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• instead of spending all the money, way not put it in a savings acct? So you have it in the future in case something happens?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• use it to pay off the bills, i would pay off my student loan and put the rest towards my car loan.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Put in the bank until I could decide the best way to use it.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• LOL, I've got $12 so far from one of those. So, 10K is remarkable. I'd buy some new furniture & save the rest.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• open a separate savings acct then
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• If Dh will spend it in a silly way and you have debts, I would put the lion's share to debt and give him a little bit to have fun with and keep a bit for me to spend as I like as well. I believe our money is "ours," but Dh admits that I am the sensible one. So even though he earns it, I decide how we spend it.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2013