If you have a strong negative physical reaction to someone, do you think that they probably have the same reaction to you?

There is someone that everytime I see them I get SO bugged! Just looking at them bugs me. Just because of the things this person says and does (like they like to shoot small animals and they are the "been there, done that, know-it-all type.) Do you think that this person can tell how I feel? Even though I try to be polite? Do you think that it is some sort of chemical reaction and this person probably feels the same way about me (even though there has never really been any confrontation)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just wanted to add that I do feel bad that I feel this way about this person. I actually feel sorry for him alot of the time, but his arrogance sometimes wipes that compassion out the door very quickly.
    Anonymous

• I know the type. I think they are usually too in to themselves to even see beyond themselves.

mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 3:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yeah, I doubt he notices.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I agree with mndpff, they are probably so wrapped up in themselves that they don't notice anyone else. Can I ask why you feel bad about it? You don't have to like everybody.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 4:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Agree w/ everyone else. They're usually the type who are clueless about others and their feelings.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Well I feel bad about it because I really like his wife. She is actually becoming one of my best friends so when they want us to get together, or for our kids to do something together I feel bad that I don't (or can't) be around him because he just annoys me so much. And then when I am around him, I try and be very careful what I say because I almost feel as if I am going to blow up and tell him what I think about him. So then I stay fuming about things that he says and how he thinks that he is so right. Just something I need to work on I guess.
    Anonymous

• Oh I see, well he probably doesn't notice how you feel, but I would try to contain it too. It will get easier maybe, when you are used to him.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 4:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I don't think it is mutual. There is a person I have to be in contact with that gives me the willy-creep-outs. This person acts like I am their best friend..it is so uncomfortable I feel physically ill when near them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009