Anyone preparing a romantic V-day dinner?

I am preparing a wonderful meal for my hubby and I (and our 2 yr old son - HA!) b/c I love to cook. I am cooking grilled ribeye steaks, sauteed scallops, butterflied and fried shrimp, sauteed mushrooms, baked beans, mexican cornbread, and chocolate meringue pie. I know some of the food sounds strange together but they are his faves and he picked out the meal. So what about you?

SuperBamaMom

Asked by SuperBamaMom at 3:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I made bacon wrapped fillets on the grill, and baked potatoes, along with a lobster tail for my husband. For beginners I made baked french onion soup and Ceasar salad. Along with french bread.

It was a nice meal.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I know I'm making chocolate covered strawberries and we're having champagne... but I need to figure out dinner! Something sensual (but with what we have in the house). Hmm...
    Maybe some kind of shrimp pasta?
    You're going to town girl! Good for you!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Mine asked for "sunday dinner like when we were kids" that consists of a pot roast with red potatoes, carrots and onions. Typically short cake or hand cranked ice cream for dessert..since it is Feb and cold today I made him a peach cobbler instead.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am making dinner, but something very healthy and low in carbs/fat. I have to leave now, because after reading your posts there is drool on my chin and my tummy is rumbling . . . lol.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2009