Stoping Breastfeeding...

So sad but we took a long trip and well shes become more accustomed to bottles and is rejecting me. I did it for 4 months so 2 months off my mark but its ok. Im sad but I dont want to fight her to do it. Not the same feeling forcing her to lol. Well back to my question I dont want to pump and feed her I want to go back to work and school now so this will be easyer. I was just wondering how long it takes to stop hurting this is day 2 and im miserable want to feed her so bad and am so engorged it aint even funny. Will it hurt long?

P.S No bashing I know people do it for longer I just dont want to fight for it pumping isent the same for me I know its better nutritionally but I was doing it for the closeness more then the nutrition even though that was a main reason to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can I correct your grammar?
    Anonymous

• try this group

ignore the hateful biatches and take what you need

it happens, no worries

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I dont care if my grammar is bad that was not the point... and here comes the typical annoying people who have nothing better then to pick on people.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Can I correct your grammar?

No, lol. She's not trolling :)
    we only correct the twats :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• lol Feral
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• :)
    we may be the elite but we do have standards, lol
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Doing it cold turkey is going to suck. You'd be better off taking a few days and pumping when you have to to tell your body it's time to slow down & stop making milk, rather than just shocking it and being in so much pain.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Normally you want to drop one feeding per week till gone. For now, you need to do some pumping or you'll make yourself very sick from mastitis. Get on estrogen birth control ASAP and you'll be bone dry in 48 hours.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I know how you feel my milk was coming in very slow so I invested in a breast pump and when I went deer hunting I did the whole pu,p and dump but being up on the mountain all day and not being able to do it but only once at night it ended up drying out and tit took me like a week to two weeks for the pain to complety go away. Dont worry we all go through it and its okay your baby will still get the nourishment it needs from formula just dont feel bad it happens.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2013