Is it okay to use & decorate brown lunch bags in place of buying loot bags for a birthday party?

I know girls won't care since it's hello kitty but the boys might. So I'm thinking of just using brown lunch bags for the loot bags to give away at the end of the party. For the boys I can put something like batman stickers and the girls hello kitty. I'm not having to buy anything extra that I don't already have available and it's going to be thrown away anyway once they get home. But I'm not sure about how other mom's may feel about it. Maybe if I throw in a juice box & bag of chips along with the toys to take up some space in the bags.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Entertainment

• I think it's a great money-saving idea that doesn't have to look like you were trying to save money. You could even let the kids decorate the bags as a fun party craft.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• sure... why not!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Sounds cute!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Nothing wrong with that - also check your dollar store, sometimes our has packs of them in different colors instead of brown paper.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Yes.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• sounds fine
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I do it all the time!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• do it! thrifty cute is the new thing right now...every body's trying to save $$.

i like Ballad's idea of letting them decorate their own bag...then its a time-killer too!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• yes i wouldnt tho just my opinion tho
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I think it is a great idea. It saves money and the kids don't care about the bags anyway, just what comes in the bag.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2013