Was it wrong to publish the family photos and personal emails

just to "prove" the Bush family email accts were hacked?  When they didn't demonstrate anything crminal or unethical - in fact included things about private health concerns - can publishing them be defended?

Publication of hacked George W. Bush e-mails raise journalism ethics questions

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It's wrong regardless of who they are. Maybe they are making a big deal of it because Bush family has something to hide.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• thats awful. what point is there to publishing all of that!? just to prove that Bush Sr was closer to death's door than they let on? some ppl have no brains & no hearts.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Yes it was wrong.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Definitely wrong, it doesn't matter who it is, they crossed a line with that I think.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• In a word? YES. This information did not belong to them. It was not theirs to publish. I think ethics has gone the way of common sense.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• It was wrong. I would not want someone to publish my private emails and they should not have done theirs. They have a right to privacy just as anyone else has.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2013