Do you have a college degree? Do you use it at your job?

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 11:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2013 in Money & Work

• I have an Associates degree in Elementary Education. I work at an elementary school as a Parent Involvement Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator. I also complete my junior and part of my senior year in the Elementary Education program. I feel like I use more knowledge that I gained in my Junior/Senior year than the knowledge that I gained with my associates degree. I don't know if I could do as good of a job if I just had my associates degree and nothing else.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Yes, two - history and biotech. I'm a SAHM.

Answer by missanc at 11:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• A few but I am retired. I use them in my everyday life. Well sometimes. lol
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I am 8 months into my degree and I REALLY hope I am not wasting my time and money.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• yes and sorta. family studies & child development comes in handy being a SAHM. but it will really come in handy when i start teaching (what im going to school for right now).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2013

• Yes and yes
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Journalism, with a concentration in broadcasting. I've used it pretty much every day since landing my first TV job in 1986!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I would not be allowed to do my job if i didn't have the degrees that I have. I have a BA in music and a masters in education. I teach music in the public schools. You must have a degree in the field you teach in my state.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I have a degree in human rehab services with a psychology minor and a second undergrad degree in nonprofit organization management. I've written a few grants, but for the most part, I stick to proofreading textbooks now because the income is more steady. Still, the skills I learned in having to manage my time, write papers, deal with people, and do research come in handy for me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I have a degree and no I don't use it in my job.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2013