Do you have a generator?

And if you do have one, have you ever used it?

We bought a generator in summer 2010 and have never used it. Our power has went out a couple of times for over an hour or so since, but it's never been to where it was ever a consideration to turn on the generator...basically it was never during cold months and it was never during a time when we needed to take a shower.

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Home & Garden

• No, but we don't get real weather. In a little over 7 years, we've only lost power once, for about 20 minutes.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• yes, we have to be able to have power if need be. CPAPS, Nebulizers ets so it id for medical needs BUT wehave had it 3 years and not used it
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Yes. It is keeping us warm now and running the pump for our water. We got it after H
    .hurricane Irene left us without power for 9 days.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I have thought abought it but no I do not.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• We have one, but it's on my Husbands Semi-truck. He bought it so he wouldn't have to run his truck at night when he's sleeping, if it's cold, or really hot out,and when he's making his coffee in the morning. He installed a roof top heating/a/c unit on the top of it a couple years ago, and it's wired into it. It saves him 40.00/ day in fuel. We can use it for the house if he's home, but we never have. If we lose electricity at home I just go get the shop heater that runs off of kerosene, and it heats the entire house.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• In the 1990's I lived in a house where the power went out all the time. So yes, I have a generator.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Yeah...only used it for extended camping trips thp
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Nope. Maybe it's something I should consider, but we've never lost power for more than a few hours.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Nope.nArent they expensive??
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• No, but I wish I did this summer when we were hit by a derecho and were without power for almost a week
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 1:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2013