How does my baby know when I leave a room?

Crazy. These little creatures are smarter than one would think. They at least have their survival skills in tact.

I read a baby can smell their mom up to 20 feet away. I believe it. If I move those 20 feet away SHE KNOWS.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, I was gonna say your scent!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• They know because you carried them for nine months and they know more about you then you know about yourself. Sometimes swaddling the babie and getting a music player of the sound of a heartbeat really helps because then they feel nice and snug also if you use the blanket or hold them in the blanket that you swaddle them in then it smells like you.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Baby radar. Northrup Grumman is now studying it as a possible model for a new defense system. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 5:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• So allergic to perfume, lol
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Smell her is a trick for you Staci. If you wear cologne spritz a little on a cloth or pillow and sit it somewhere right close to the bed.
    If you do not wear a scent I suggest you do because it is the easiest. But you can also take your shirt off and leave it near the bed as well.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Fascinating. I heard if your baby is fussy and you wrap her in a T-shirt you've been wearing, your scent will calm her down.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2013