What does the 6-11 year old crowd listen too?

I was vollenteered to create the play list for my sons junior school valentines day dance. He is only so he isn't very knowledgeable. I am looking for super pop-y happy dance-y music. Thanks :)

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 3:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Demi Lovato ^^^ and, add Selena Gomez.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Bieber, Katy perry, one direction, Carly Rae je
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I would add Debbie Lavito (sp?), Taylor Swift and Katy Perry to that above list. I would also look into your basic Disney Channel shows for that age group. Most of those, anymore, are music based.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• LMAO! thanks libras! The afterschool kids where I work play that CD every day and I never read it. But when they ask for it the say it so fast I never figured out the actual name!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Kelli Clarkston, Pink, One direction, Justin Bieber, Carrie Underwood...songs that have a good beat and are tastefully worded that can be played at school...there are TONS of songs to choose from, but a lot of them have the "B" "F" word in them or talk about doing drugs or drinking or having sex...listen to all the songs or find the lyrics on line to make sure that the songs are in check. Then check with the principal to make sure that the songs you chose are on the "okay list " for appropriate for school.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 1:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Don't forget songs from Austin and Ally. My kids LOVE that show and most of those songs are extremely kid friendly.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• As I said to my son who was going thru that "phase"...imagine the person in class who sits next to you and you smell like "poop", and then because they are at that age where they point out all to EVERYBODY, do you want to be the one they call "stinky" until the end of your senior year in HS?
    He totally got the hint, he now takes a shower every morning before he goes to school because he knows that there are girls at school and girls like it when the guys look nice!
    Thank goodness!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2013