Bleeding during early pregnancy

I just happened to go to the doctor on wednesday this week, and it happened that I had a little bleeding and my HCG was at 250. I should be about 3 to 4 weeks pregnant, no sure, cause of irregular periods. On friday my HCG was 546, so it did double. I am now experiencing a little more bleeding(spotting, not light, but not too red). It seemed to only last about a half hour with a little cramping. Should I worry?

wildemom801

Asked by wildemom801 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Here is a link for HCG levels. I hope that helps. Good luck.

http://www.pregnancy.org/article/home-pregnancy-tests-and-hcg
    haroldswife

Answer by haroldswife at 4:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I would double check with your doctor just to be safe.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am not going to say not to worry but I had light spotting at 5 weeks, major bleeding at 7-8 weeks and again light bleeding at 12 weeks. I am now 22 weeks and so far everything is ok. If it continues definitely check with your doc or go to the ER to be checked. Good Luck.
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 4:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My mom spotted when pregnant with me... my sister had what seemed to be an actual period with her 3rd child... so those turned out ok.

My last two pregnancies I started spotting and lost both babies. So, it just depends... better safe than sorry... make sure you call the doctor.
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 5:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• The same thing happened to me. It turns out i had a really bad yeast infection. But I wasnt having any of the symptoms or anything. I spend all day wednesday at the ER getting test and ultrasound. But yeah, it was a super bad YI.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2009