Are cockroaches attracted to leather couches?

I just bought 2 leather couches from a man, they were used and all of a sudden we've seen 3 big cockroaches! we had never seen one in our home ever! until we put those couches in our living room last week. I don't know if they were living inside the couches like if they had there nest in there or what, or if they just smell the leather from outside and come in. because my dh says that the mans house that sold us those leather couches was filthy. have any of you had that experience with your leather couches?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know but I would get rid of it.
    Anonymous

• That's the danger of buying used furniture. Chances are he had cockroaches and you got them with the couch.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 4:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• They probably came from his house.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• He must of had roaches in his house and they probably lived and laid eggs in there! Get rid of the couches ASAP and call and exterminator or you will have many problems. Where there is one there are many!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 4:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am so sorry, I would of moved out of that house already. To be honest, they nested in the couch and you probably will get a few more. Like the others say, Get Rid of couches. THen call the exterminator.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 4:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Roaches are attracted to dark and moist places...near pipes, bathrooms, indoor pools, etc. The problem with roaches is they lay 1000's of eggs, and are nearly impossible to get rid of!

I would likely toss the couches. If the cushions or the inner stuffing was wet, there could be roach eggs embedded which will hatch quickly!

Set up a few "roach motels" around your bathroom/kitchen sinks and anywhere else you have dark and wet water sources...to try and catch any of the roaches that may have escaped in to your home!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• This is why I have only gotten used furniture from people I know really well and know they do not have pests in their home.

I am sorry what a pain in the butt.I agree i'd get rid of the furniture and either get an exterminator or buy and set bombs off myself.If caught early enough you can more likely rid of them on your own without paying out the backside but bomb big.
    Anonymous

• things that make you go "EEEK" No really sorry about the bugs. Just call and exterminator and let them handle it .
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• YUK! I hate roaches they are so nasty I would suggest call an exterminator to come out and spray because once those things get settled they are very hard to get rid of
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• How is this politics and current events?

If someone's house is filthy, you don't complete the furniture deal.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2009