You know his name wasn't really "Jesus Christ", right?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I LOVE THIS! AND THE LETTER J is only 500 years old sooo im sure the most high is older than that
    sunnyd08

Answer by sunnyd08 at 3:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Idle hands..........

Says the troll digging up posts from 2 months ago to make passive-aggressive comments
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Idle hands..........
    imamomzilla

Answer by imamomzilla at 10:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• jesus is the son of god who is jehovah
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• I thought it was jesusfuckingchrist! Like a run on sentence:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I thought everyone knew that's not a name. Jesus, as the OP said is from the Greek spelling and pronunciation of "Yeshua", which is Joshua in English. "Christ" is from the Greek "Christos", which means "anointed one", referring to the Jewish Messiah, which Jesus' followers promoted he was.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Right.  Love this!

And "Christ" is a title, rather than a surname.  So, if I were to "use the lord's name in vain", I'd have to say, Jesus THE Christ.  But I don't.  He was never my lord, and he certainly isn't my christ.  For that matter, he isn't even a Superstar, in my books.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I consider blasphemy because that's the name I use when praying. I do realize that this wasn't the actual name Jesus went by. However if someone else feels differently that's their business.

That was interesting DeeDee.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• embarrassedI guess I couldn't help myself from digging into it! Hopefully someone will find it interesting!

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• i love the Boston-cap boy's stuff!

side note...does anyone remember the CMer whose wasnt suppose to call him Jesus? she had to use all the Hebrew names for Jesus & God and had some other different beliefs. i cant remember her screen name...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2013