What fun stuff are you doing during pregnancy?!

I'm already soooo bored. I'll admit, I'm a drinker, everyone in my social group are drinkers. Being pregnant, the last thing I was to do is hang out with a bunch of people drinking- I literally get bitter because I miss the taste. So, what is everyone doing for fun during there pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eating good!!!!! One upside. I'm not constantly on a diet now. Do you like to read? Its a good way to pass the time.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I'm like you, I'm a drinker as well. Hubby and I like to have our cocktails on the weekends, now I just want to go to bed as early as I can. I too dislike being around the group who is drinking when I can't. Bummer!! Anyway, I spend my time reading or catching up on my sons scrapbook.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• ive hated it the whole time too. im not a big drinker. but socially before preg i liked too a few nights a month maybe get a little tipsy lol. but my whole pregnancy i would even get mad at my fiance for drinking :( its the knowing you CANT drink that makes it worse. when i could drink i hardly ever did- like i said maybe twice or so a month. i wouldnt even go out to any get togethers with alchohol because it got so annoying being pregnant.
    there really isnt much you can do about it. im getting induced monday on my 21st bday. imagine the irony of THAT. lol at least now ill officially be LEGAL :)
    kaybullion

Answer by kaybullion at 9:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I was the exact same way. I had a group of friends and all we did for entertainment was drink on the weekends. Once I became pregnant (purposely), I stopped hanging out with them completely. Literally every function/social interaction involved alcohol and I was obviously no longer interested. Luckily my husband is not a big drinker so I just hang out with him a lot now. We go out to dinner, the movies, different events that don't revolve around alcohol like art fairs or shows. I was a big drinker but not being able to has really opened up a new world to me, plus I'm no longer hung over every weekend so I actually get stuff done! I'm contemplating giving alcohol up for good even after i have the baby cause I realize now I used it as a 'social crutch.'
    Anonymous