What have you bought after seeing it on TV that turned out to be junk?

SassySue123 got me thinking, when she mentioned Eggies, about stuff I've bought after seeing it on TV that turned out to be a waste of money. My biggest mistake was EZ-Feet. What a joke! They wouldn't stick to my shower by the suction cups on the bottom, then the slots you put your feet in were giant sized, so I couldn't get any rubbing action, and the bristles on the brushes weren't stiff enough anyway. I threw the stupid things out. I also bought a slimming belt that was supposed to make you look a dress size smaller--it did, by sheer brute compression. What a waste!

So have any of you bought stuff that looked great on TV only to wonder why you spent your money so foolishly?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't usually try things that are as seen on TV. And I can't for the life of me remember the names of the items, but there was a hair removal product ( green sandpaper stuck to a pink rubbery thing) and wax covered string that you could allegedly bend to form things and it is supposed to stick anywhere. It did not stick to anything other than lint and my oldest lit one on fire because it reminded her of a candle. Burned up like a candle too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Slushy Magic (or whatever it is called)
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Spanx is where it's at if you're trying to tuck in fat. I've never had a problem with anything I bought
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Slushy Magic
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• That veggie chopper thing with the screaming guy..it worked for about 3 times then just fell apart...a piece of junk
    bought the slushy magic for my son for christmas because he insisted it was GREAT - another piece of junk!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 1:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I cannot remember what it was called magic sculpting foam or something like that. Oh my gosh, I found that stuff stuck on everything for months after I threw it away. My daughter was always asking where it disappeared to and I said, well maybe that is why it is magic, it is invisible.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• My mom is the one who buys stuff off of a tv commercial, and then gives it to me when she just doesn't use it.

The Slice-o-Matic was junk. I wound up tossing it. Just a huge mess to use and not nearly as effective as my mandolin. I still have the Magic Bullet she bought me, but I never use it. Easier to just use the blender.

She has also given me a set of Ronco knives, and those I do love. And the meatloaf pan, with the holes in the bottom is also great.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• DH bought me the EZ feet thing. it was so uncomfy. he bought an alumni wallet too...it sits in the garage somewhere cause he hated it.

luckily, im too cheap for that kinda stuff, i just dont trust it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Oh yeah, I forgot about Slushy Magic. My stepson just *had* to have that--flush went the money!
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I actually like using my Slice-o-Matic for potatoes.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2013