Constipation

We had questions if DD was constipated, so she got x-rays done a couple Mondays ago. It came back saying "slight constipation."

My question is...the two days before she had the stomach bug with vomiting and diarrhea.....could that have changed the results of the x-ray?

I know it sounds like a stupid question...my initial thought is of course the diarrhea is going to clear the constipation, BUT I'm honestly not sure if that is really the case.

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Health

• Sounds logical that diarrhea and vomiting could skew the X-ray results, but her doctor would be the one to know for sure.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• not sure how that would change an X ray...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• go back?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Hi,
    Nice question.In my opinion go to doctor.Constipation can be an unpleasant topic to talk about. Most people have experienced constipation at some point in their life. Though typically not serious, constipation can be both painful and frustrating.
    Constipation occurs when bowel movements become difficult or less frequent than normal.
    Eat a well-balanced diet with plenty of fiber. Good sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole-grain breads and cereals. Fiber and water help the colon pass stool. Most of the fiber in fruits is found in the skins, such as in apples.
    Exercise regularly.
    Move your bowels when you feel the urge.
    Thanks....
    Larrybrown

Answer by Larrybrown at 6:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Larrybrown...did you even read the question?
    AllAboutKeeley

Comment by AllAboutKeeley (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2013