Blighted ovum

When you have a blighted ovum, do you contantly bleed, or do you bleed every few days? And what color is the blood?

wildemom801

Asked by wildemom801 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a blighted ovum last April. I was 12 weeks along, and started noticing a little bit of pink blood here and their.. Pretty much only when I wiped after going to the bathroom. I went into the E.R. because I just new I was having a MC. I went in their and they told me that the baby was fine and that they could hear its heartbeat..., and that I needed to have a vaginal ultrasound the next morning. So I went in for my ultrasound, and seen that their was nothing inside me except for a yolk sac. After 2 days I started bleeding HEAVILY, bright red blood, having clots the size of softballs... and I was completely saturating "puppy pads" in 15 minutes or less.. That heavy bleeding went on and on for about 8 hours straight. Then I would just bleed bright red blood for another week, having HUGE bloodclots... Then the HEAVY bleeding happened again and I was rushed to the hospital. I had tissue that was stuck inside of me and
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• had to use the forceps to get it out. I didn't have a d&c, and sometimes wish they would've. They can never prepare you for what you are going to go through... I hope this has helped, and I am very sorry that you are going through this...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009