Growing an avocado tree out of a seed?

...Yep

Right question, right category

SO decided he wanted to try it. So toothpicks went in the seed and it went in a bowl of water.

I have been changing the water everyday for three weeks like the instructions on the web said.

Guess last night he had something in his teeth? The toothpicks are taken out of the seed.

Appreciation! Sheesh!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• What? That is hilarious! I hope it still works...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I keep trying to do that each time we get an avacado! It never seems to last long because the kids keep messing with it
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 2:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• LoL
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• LOL hope it works still
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• For years my mom tried the toothpick thing, never worked. So she just started throwing the seeds in a sunny location in the yard, and one year 3 grew!! we had to cut 2 of them down because they were too close together. The remaining one grew to 30 feet, and produced soooo many avocados we gave them away to friends and relatives. This was in San Diego. I live in Washington now. God I miss that tree.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 3:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I have grown three trees to about 12 inches then they just die.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• It will be okay just put the toothpicks back in we have been doing the same thing and we have one little root coming out of it. On the website it could take months so just be patient with your DH/SO and also with your growing seed.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2013