Mushroom and apricot, avocado and coffee, would you try anything on this list?

The 10 Weirdest Food Pairings You Have to Try

The article has descriptions of each one, making the case for why you should try it:

ginger and milk chocolate

chili powder and vanilla ice cream

watermelon and black pepper

mango and sirracha

jalapeno and strawberry

bacon and pistachio

avocado and coffee

strawberry and fava beans   (with a nice chianti?)

mushroom and apricot

chocolate and fried onion

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Food & Drink

• There should be health benefits listed. Sometimes when you put two foods together they create some super nutrition ability.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Chocolate and onion? Pass...no fava beans with a nice Chianti either! But the mango and sriracha is a yes!

jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I think that the only one that I would not do is the mushroom and apricot...I do not like mushrooms..but then again, maybe the apricot will be sweet enough that it would disguise the mushroom taste
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 2:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I would do the chili pepper and ice cream! That actually sounds really yummy. DS would love the Watermelon and black pepper one.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Believe it or not, the chili powder & ice cream is damn good. I would try bacon & pistachio, & sriracha goes good on ANYTHING.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Watermelon and pepper makes sense, and the mango one does, too. I have a recipe for mango salsa I use once in a while, same concept. It's the mushroom apricot and chocolate onion that I don't think I could get past, from a textural standpoint.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I received a gift of Vosges chocolate bars. They have many different combinations. I tried the Dark chocolate with sea salt and bacon, not bad. Did not care for the Stout beer + Alderwood smoked salt + burnt sugar caramel, dark chocolate .

I would try the ginger and milk chocolate.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Together???

Oh hells no.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• id be willing to try them all...except avacado & coffee since i hate coffee. we visited the Tabasco plant a few years back and they had spicy ice cream...it was actually really good!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I'll skip those- thanks!

*I know- I'm BORING
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2013