Will It Ever Get Easy?

I have 5 kids and my last 2 are still at home and just starting go though with puberty and before I know it they will be leaving too it was not easy for when the first 3 left home so will this ever get easy?

Jenny_Honey

Asked by Jenny_Honey at 2:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• I doubt if it gets easier. They're your babies.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I don't think it gets easier because they are all your babies no matter what. Having said that, maybe not. I was the youngest of four and my parents sent me to boarding school (i was happy to go) and they took several trips to Europe. So, maybe for some it gets easier or maybe I was a tough kid (pretty sure I was like most kids). : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I'm an empty nester as of September. and both of mine are 2000 miles away. I miss my kids. I got to see them at christmas, but I won't see them again until June. We skype, and that helps.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Nope, they are your kids - you will worry till we get old!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 2:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• No, it doesn't. Our boys are now gone and youngest leaves for the military in May.
    But, I was just telling DH, remember those days when the kids were little and we would dream about lazy, quiet days with the kids gone. Well here we are, lol
    I really miss my boys!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Nope it will not get any easier, Hugs
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Yes and soon it will be relaxing or so my parents say lol. Even though my sister who is older then me still lives at home and mostly depends on them for everything he says the minute she leaves for good (because she has moved out a few times but has not been able to stand on her own without their help and suopport) I never ask my parents for money or anything but they always give it to me even though I dont need it I guess its a parent thing. It will get better just give it time.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2013