is this just a phase?

My son will be 2 1/2 at the end of next month and he is an awesome sleeper and has been since he was 13 months when when i started the CIO method once his sister was born well now lately he has been waking up crawling out of bed just to say "hi" and then he will wan tto go back to bed....and then maybe 30 minutes later he is waking me up yet once again just to say "hi" there isnt any signs of him being scared and he doesnt say he wants anything and he doesnt climb into bed with me or anything he pretty much just says "hi mommy" and i put him back into his bed and he is out.....and this goes on for hours throughout the night and he usuallyis up at 7 but i am so tired because he had be up every half hour or so.....please tell me this is a phase and he will grow out of it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do not let any one bully you into thinking because you let your child CIO that you are a bad parent....

I would guess it is just a phase? Does he have a night light? Maybe get him one but he can only have it if he will stay in bed all night long. Or maybe a cool new blanket or something like that.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 4:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Lady that really hurt my feelings you calling me a horrible parent because i let him CIO and telling me i am a bad parent on top of that makes me feel like shit even worse why would u ever say such a thing to someone you dont even know? that is rude and inconsiderate! I am a damn good mom to BOTH of my kids he has slept just fine by himelf until recently he goes to bed on his own but for some reason now he doesnt want too....and he has ALWAYS been in the same room with me...for sleeping that is,...and it wasnt like he was in there for hours and hours crying i gave up at a point calmed him down and then right back in and he learned that it was bedtime....

He has his new Wall-E and Cars blankets and he has a night light in his room but i am not sure if its in range where he can see it cause his sisters bed might be covering it a little.....
    Anonymous

• She didn't call you a bad mom. She don't let anyone tell you that you are for using that method. I think that the method is fantastic. It worked for us.

I would also suggest getting someting special for him if he will stay in his bed like a big boy for a certain amount of nights and then he gets the special blanket or book or whatever you get him. I hope that he grows out of it soon though. I bet you need some good rest by now.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I would suggest putting a gate up to his door if you can. That way he learns he doesnt get to leave his bedroom at night. Because (I learned this the hard way lol) that if you just keep letting him come in and taking him back to his bed, he will just keep doing it. If he goes right back to sleep when you put him in, maybe if he cant get out at all he will just climb back into bed on his own and eventually stop doing it! Good Luck!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• the lady i was talking to deleted her answer or it was reported....she told me my parenting was horrible and letting my son CIO at 13 months was a bad decision yadda yadda...anyway.....

we sleep in the same room because i am living with my parents so its a little hard to put up a gate in his room since we share one :( there is one so he cant wonder the halls at night i am jsut not sure if there is a way to prevent him from waking me up....sometimes my DD still co-sleeps but she has been sleeping by herself all night finally! now its just my son lol...
    Anonymous

• I did the CIO method with both of my DD's. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for it.

The only moms who come down on other moms for their choices are the ones who have issues with THEMSELVES.

I honestly just think its a phase. My daughter will be 3 next month and is still in her crib (she seems rather happy in it, and never tried to crawl out, which is why she's not in a big-girl bed), so I have no experience with this.

One of my other mom friend's has a little boy who's about 3 months younger than my oldest DD, and he has a big-boy bed. She puts a gate up in his room at night to keep him in his room, because he was driving her nuts getting out of bed every 15 minutes! lol
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Oh...I don't want to delete my who answer, so just disregard that last part, I didn't see that you guys slept in the same room.

Um...I'm sorry girlie, I really don't have any advice. :(
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Oh well that certainly makes it more difficult doesnt it! Well i am out of advice im sorry :( But good luck momma!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2009