Craigslist Ad

Is this weird?
As in creepy? Please read:
"College Psychology Student Wanted (lake Village)
I am looking for a female college student with an interest in becoming a therapist or teacher to work with my teenage daughter on a workbook about dealing with teenage emotions and some homework. Applicant must be patient, have a sense of humor and be able to relate to a 15 year old who has been through some hard times. She is in therapy, but I really want her to go through a particular workbook and she needs a cool, balanced, older mentor to do it with her, someone she can look up to like a big sister. I would like her to meet with this tutor/mentor anywhere from 1-3 days a week. My daughter is very likable and agreeable. She is not difficult at all and actually rather sweet and funny. She just needs a little extra support to get through a hard time in her life.
Location: lake Village
Compensation: $20/hour"

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• It's not creepy at all. Just sounds like someone looking for a tutor for their daughter and they are being open with how she is and what they want.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• No, but I would expect to see this on the college job board rather than on Craigslist.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• It's good that the person placing the ad knows what she wants and is honest about it. I'm not sure I'd place the ad on Craigslist, though, unless there would be a way to screen the responders.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• My son went through a period where anything I said was "wrong" He was failing English and Biology. I was tearing my hair out to get him to study, and do the work. I tried rewards, punishments, bribes, begging, pleading . . He was rebelling BIG time against me. I decided to try getting a collage student tutor, to see if he could get my son to show at least some effort.  However, the tutor was a family friend. Didn't work. Maybe that is what this is. 

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 3:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Ok
    I think I'm too skeptical at times
    That's why I ask
    Thanks
    lullaby572

Comment by lullaby572 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• i dont think its creepy
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2013