What are some nice gift ideas for a 40th Bday?

A great friend that I have known my whole life is turning 40 next week. I am helping to organize a small surprise party for her. I'd like to get her a nice gift, but something other than bath products, a gift card, flowers (the usual gifts). Any different ideas?

LisaZot

Asked by LisaZot at 4:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• My hubby is turning 40 this summer, I'm hoping to be able to get him a sightseeing tour in a helicopter for his present. When he turned 30 I got him a tour in a light plane (he'd never been in one before, only large commercial planes). So what about something that is not a material object, but an experience, something she'd never do on her own.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I turned 40 last summer and I wanted to go ride roller coasters and see a male revue cause I love beefcake. Aside from that, a one hour massage or foot reflexology session would be nice.
    idomatter

Answer by idomatter at 6:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• How about a day at a spa with her? Or get a mani/pedi together.
    MarieT03

Answer by MarieT03 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I agree, and experience is best. If you already know what she is interested in, try planning a girls day out for you, her, and some of her other friends. Keep it a surprise though if you can possibly find a day to schedule it on when she' s not busy :-)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• if you're really having a hard time you could check gifts.com
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 2:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think goind to a bath and body store and get a big basket of there products, or a make over photo shoot with her would be fun and have the memories photographed.
    1carlasue

Answer by 1carlasue at 12:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Go to www.shutterfly.com and make her a photobook of all the fun times you guys have had together! I got one of these for a present and LOVED IT!!!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009