I want to start going back to church but I feel like I need to repent first. Do u think if I i just take the first step & go learning to repent will follow?

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Religious Debate

• The Holy Spirit stirs up in us convictions of what we should do. My advice is to follow those convictions. Do what you feel God is leading you to do (or not to do) and pray for God to change your heart along the way in any areas you struggle with.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• You might also explore denominations. A church should not make you feel like you're a miserable human being, you know? You should be welcomed as the Prodigal Son was welcomed upon his return.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Any church worth going to will not expect you to repent before you walk in the door. Learning how you have fallen short, or how you would like to live your life differently, is a process. Just go to church if that's what you want to do. When youfeel ready, maybe ask the pastor your questions.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• The church leader will probably have advice for you.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Yes I do. I think you have already taken the first steps. Depending on you denom. It can be as easy as a quick talk with the minister.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Start anywhere you feel comfortable.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• We are human and therefore not perfect. If we had to get perfect before we could go to church there would be a lot of empty churches! Any church that is full of "perfect" people is not a church I want to attend.
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 7:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Why?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2013