If a Mother at your child's school said this to you..... what would you think?

I told this Mom I am having a "play date" in March and her daughter was invited. She said "Oh good because we don't eat meat and we have nuts all over the house so it woudn't be a great place for my daughter to go to" because my dd has a peanut allergy.....I said ok understanable......BUT, then I was really thinking about it after & it bugged me well why couldn't she make an effort to put stuff away also to have my child over? Idk what to think or I am over thinking it? its been irking me inside.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• So....lol. My "take-home" would be that she sounded relieved, and that she also seemed upbeat, positive, enthusiastic, and appreciative. She MIGHT be unlikely to ever volunteer to host a playdate (given the content of what she expressed as an explanation about not initiating a get-together) but overall it was a positive interaction.

I would think that she seems upbeat about the girls getting together, and relieved (for whatever reason) that I made the overture and am hosting.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 3:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• so it wouldn't irk you that she never would want your kid over and make an effort?
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• see I would make an effort if my DD wanted a friend over
    maybe I was/am too sensitive to the topic
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I agree with everyone's views on this I just felt like other Mother's have made an effort she could care less period but I see it better now
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Your over thinking it. Just let your daughter know and also the parents know that when she goes over to their house to play that she is not allowed nuts because of an allergy and they will understand and do their best to keep her clear of nuts and also as she gets older she will learn to ask and become more aware that she is allergic to them and make sure she is not around them. Maybe even get her an epi-pen in case anything does happen then she will have a back up plan.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Im-HiD - parents do know & she does have an epi pen? its a must with a peanut allergy the most deadly allergy there is
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2013