DD is pukey... I don't want it...

I am washing my hands after each time I touch her. I am showering HOT water tonight. I wore gloves to clean the puke out of my car...

Is there anything else I can do? We all start probiotics tomorrow!

I just REALLY don't want this...

save me.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Health

• cosmos
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• LMAO!! You think??
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• mask, lysol
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 7:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Remember to disinfect the tooth brushes. There is no true way but let someone else take care of your kids in a different house while sick.

Answer by louise2 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• There should be a service for that. ;0)

'We care for your sick kids so you don't have to! - Keep everyone else well'

LMAO.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• You don't have to take an extra hot shower. It won't do anything but dry out your skin.
    Lots of hand washing, for her and for you. Keep things clean. Stomach bugs are transmitted via the fecal-oral route, so diligent hand washing really will be adequate.
    Replace her toothbrush when she's done being sick, and keep others stored apart.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• The hot shower is really more to make me feel better. lol. I feel like I need to steam clean the whole house. I can take any illness except stomach bugs. I really, really, hate those...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• You might consider hiring a full-time nurse and a hazmat crew, then check into a hotel for a few days while said nurse takes care of the young'un, and when she's better, employ the hazmat crew to clean up the mess and sanitize everything.

On a more serious note, remember to keep your hands away from your face, keep your hands clean, and disinfect the surfaces your dd touches.

It's a funny thing for me (not in a ha-ha sort of way) that I had learned to deal with every sort of bodily fluid, but puke was the one thing that got to me.  I would gag and vomit as I'd strip the sheets and load them in the wash, and was tempted to treat my children as lab specimens because that smell was more than my system could take.

On a positive note, it's entirely possible that you've already had this particular virus, and will be immune to what your dd has.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Do not touch your face. Or your butt.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• hand sanitizer is my new bestest friend.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2013