Back in the good old days, before "God and prayer were kicked out of schools",

life was so much better.

Like, there were no school shootings, and, of course, no one has every been shot in a Christian school, right?

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 7:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Violence has always been around in schools, even when pray was around. It's has increased with population and because of Media.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Stop using all that logic and reason, LS.  Them's the workings of the devil!

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• devillol, how do you know I am not the devil?

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• How far back are they going? I went through school from 1979-1992 and had neither God nor prayer in my daily education.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• If you read the blog, you'll see that violence in the schools has occurred since the beginning of schools in this country.  "God" was only "taken out" of schools in 1962, and certainly not in Christian schools, which have had a share of gun and other violence (we're not just talking about nuns rapping students' knuckles with rulers, here).

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Stop using all that logic and reason, LS. Them's the workings of the devil!

And this is why we should be able to VU the OP.

Violence hasn't changed much, it has always been there. People have always killed other people, including children. It only seems more prevalent now because of media coverage and politicking.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Damn media!

That's all I got, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I find it ironic that many of the school shootings in the 1800's were due to the teacher using corporal punishment on a younger sibling. Spare the rod, spoil the child

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• To me, God can be anywhere I am...I believe in Him and thats consistent with me wherever I go. God wasnt kicked out of any school I was in, cuz I was there and thats all I needed. I didnt need public prayer or a classroom bible study. My faith in Him is steadfast and I dont require the support, or opinion, or approval of others. I think people who whine about kicking God out of scools are selling their faith short. The God I believe in doesnt need public prayer to be in schools or anywhere else. He is what He is whether the majority believrs or not....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2013