Self Publishing

I want to do an e-magazine but don't know what the best website would be. I want one where I can have readers buy subscriptions to. Any suggestions????

charleyangel317

Asked by charleyangel317 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Money & Work

• Please don't think this as being mean or rude, but with all of the free blogs, information on the internet, and free online magazines that already exist, what will you be offering that they don't? I think it would be better to offer the online magazine free to your subscribers and once you have a good base, then you can look for advertisers and offer advertising space for sale. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• If you're doing an e-magazine, your best bet would be for it to have its own website: www.e-magazine.com.

However, I do have to agree with JeremysMom that you might want to give this some more thought. If you're not offering something that is incredibly unique, you're likely to find not a lot of people will want to subscribe to it. In fact, my first suggestion to you would be that whatever it is you're offering, try searching for it first and see just how many free offerings of the same thing pop up. I'm not trying to discourage you from doing it, but it's just something to give some serious thought to. As JeremysMom also said, you could instead sell advertising space.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I didn't think about it that way. You both have a very good point. I will do it free for subscribers and then later charge for advertising space. Thanks so much!!!
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• You can publish your book, magazine, or even blog to Amazon Kindle--- LINK

I also have information about CreateSpace- which is Amazon too.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2013