Low grade fever, caugh and runny nose?

My dd is just not eating the whole day and we been out and she was fine until we got home. not even . She watched movies ect and then around 5 she started just feeling really warm and layed downa nd fell asleep and still there and she says she feels cold and she is covered with her blankie and has a sweatshirt and pants. Do you think I should wait or give her some tylenol now. the one time I did her temp it was 99.3 and then the next it was 97. so not very reliable but she is still warm.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Kids' Health

• If she does not have a temp. She does not need medicine.

Answer by louise2 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• All right- I am one of those that gives tylenol for even low grade. I mean, I hate feeling like shit so why should I let my kid suffer. Not a popular practice but...there it is.

If you are not fond of medication there are always cool patches.

Have you tried jello or popscicles to get some calories in her?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• she loves popsicles so maybe I will do that. just do not want to upset the stomach though. she is has been drinking alot though.

well, last time I checked 99 is a low grade fever. and I go more on my mommy instincts then those therometors. She is just laying there and is just not well.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• If she isn't complaining that her tummy hurts, you won't upset it with popsicles, in fact, one of the few things sugar is good for, is that it can soothe an upset stomach. Getting the fluid in her and cooling her down is reason enough for the popsicles. I would just watch her carefully, give her plenty of fluids, and make sure the temp doesn't go up. Cool wet washcloths on her head if she's warm, etc. I was sick last weekend with a cough, runny nose and fever...it wasn't any fun! Poor baby.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• thank you. she got up and had the popsicle and I am going to watch her.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I personally do not treat a temp unless it is accompanied by pain or gets over 102.5 It is my personal opinion that the fever is there to fight off the bug and I don't want to stop it. But like I said if their is a complaint of pain- then I give it- every time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• she got up and had the popsicle
    yea!!
    food on the tummy :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I don't think Tylenol will hurt anything for a low grade fever if your daughter just doesn't seem well. I would give mine the medicine under those conditions; although it wouldn't be crucial, it might make her sleep a little better tonight.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I gave her the popsicle and she went to sleep well. She is not complaining of any pain or anything. she is just resting so she can feel better. she is still is warm but wont let me take her temp yet. I am making her toast. No meds yet because I have no idea what her temp yet.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 6:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2013