Looking for a new soup...

We love soup and I am planning to make some tomorrow, but am having a total mind block. What is your favorite soup?

I usually make

Chicken noodle
Cuban Tortilla
Beef Veggie
Potato Sausage

Got any suggestions?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 9:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Food & Drink

• This week I have made Cheeseburger soup, Chili, Clam Chowder, and Kielbasa soup. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Potato soup and biscuits
    very unhealthy but always a cold weather, stick to your ribs crowd pleaser
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• shrimp creole soup, REALLY GOOD
    2 bacon strips fried and crumbled
    1 C diced celery
    1C diced onion
    1C red bell pepper
    1 T minced garlic
    1/3 C flour
    4 C chicken broth
    1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
    2 T Lemon juice
    2 T Worcestershire
    1 T Tabasco
    1 t dry thyme
    1 t sugar
    1/2 t cayenne pepper
    1 bay leaf
    salt to taste
    cook bacon, set aside. cook diced veggies in bacon grease. 4 min. Whisk in flour and cook 2 min. Stir in broth, toms, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, thyme, sugar and cayenne. add bay leaf and season soup with salt. simmer 15 min. add shrimp to soup last and cook 3 min more.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Any of the Shore Lunch soups mixes are awesome- our favorites

Fire Roasted Vegatable
    Chicken Tortilla
    Cheddar Cheese ( we convert to beer cheese)
    Wild Rice

Some that we love to make from scratch are
    white chicken chili
    chicken and dumplings
    hamburger and vegatable

For the Bear Creek mixes, the Hot and Sour soup is good- can also be made into egg drop soup

My man used to run a restaurant- some huge differences for quality and wow factor with any soup is the seasoning and preparation of the meat added as well as using bases if you need more flavor, not broths. Presauteed mushrooms( if used) , fresh vegatables along with the dehydrated ones - if using a package base , grilled seasoned meats and creative combinations make a big difference. :-)

Have fun....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Baked Potato Soup

4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled, and chopped

2/3 cup butter
    2/3 flour
    7 cups milk
    ½ cup onions, chopped
    1/2 pound bacon, diced and fried (drain grease) Fry with onions for better taste
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Melt butter, and flour. Gradually add the milk and heat until smooth. Add potatoes and bacon and onions. Cook at low heat for about 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and heat through. Try not to let the soup boil after you add the sour cream and cheese.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Matzoh ball soup is my favorite :)
    But I also make vegetable soup, mushroom barley, sweet potato bisque, hot and sour soup, chayote squash soup and asparagus cream.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Cheese Broccoli soup. I cheated and bought the packet that you just add water to and then added potatoes and diced bratwurst to it.

I really want to try these : Slow Cooker Cheddar Ale, Brazilian Shrimp Soup, and Seafood Gumbo

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Cheesey Chicken Corn Chowder

2 whole small chicken breasts
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    2 10-3/4 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
    1 16-ounce can whole kernel corn
    1 cup milk
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Combine chicken, onion, celery, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer covered, 15 minutes.

Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, chop meat coarsely, return to broth.

Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring often till cheese melts.

*Sometimes I add diced potatoes and a bit of extra water when I cook the chicken.*

Even my finicky stepson will eat this and go back for seconds. Makes about 8 servings.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I make a pozole and a chicken taco soup - also a spaghetti soup from the LO sauce adding some beef broth, noodles and beans (more of a minestrone)
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I made the most AWESOME chicken sausage gumbo the other day!! OMG, the whole family couldn't believe how good it tasted it was that good! I kid you not you will be slapping your mama it's that good!
    It's all in the roux and before you put the chicken in make sure that you cook the soup mixture down before you put the chicken in, and liquid smoke (1/4 tsp.) just makes it POP! Happy Cooking and let me know!
    Recipe is:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cajun-chicken-and-sausage-gumbo/
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 12:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2013