Do you believe in pre-destination?

pre·des·ti·na·tion [ pr destə náysh'n ]   
advance decision by God about events: in some religious beliefs, the doctrine that God, a deity, or fate has established in advance everything that is going to happen and that nothing can change this
God's decision who goes to Heaven: in some religious beliefs, the doctrine that God decided at the beginning of time who would go to heaven after death and who would not
act of foreordaining: the human or supposedly divine act of deciding the fate of people or things beforehand

I think that sometimes I do then I get all caught up in questions. So really, I do not know.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Firstly, Most of you believe in Mayan prediction in which it is stated that world came to an end on dec,21 2012, right.

Nope, I didn't.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• All of your three questions are not correct. Any way He is not only my ALLAH, HE is also yours too, though you believe or not.
    My best wishes and prayers are always with you. But if you ever find the truth, you certainly tell me. OK
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 11:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• kity-bity, what you fail to see is that Allah is your god in that you pray to him and such. It is not JSB's god because she doesn't pray to him. It is your kind of thinking that riles up alot of non-believers. You tell us that your god is our god whether we like it or not. But what if someone told that to you? Would you not disagree?
    Also, I wonder what your response to someone like me is. I believe in a male and female diety. Are they both the same thing, in your belief, or am I just crazy?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• If my questions are all "incorrect", please tell me how, and what are the "correct" conclusions we can reach when you pray for me, yet I still am unmoved to believe in your god? 

I have a lot of people praying for me to see the "truth" - many Christians, and some Muslims.  Maybe their prayers are working - because as I see it, the truth is that your god, and theirs, does not exist, but if it did, it is not powerful, is not merciful, and knows very little - probably no more than the men in the Bronze Age who wrote the stories down in the first place.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• no
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• No. I believe that God knows all possible outcomes. But that the final decision to accept or reject is ours
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 8:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• To a degree. I believe we have a plan but also the will to tweak some of it and make some different choices. If we're meant to do something, one way or another, it'll get accomplished. About heaven, I don't know.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I believe that we all are in God's plan, what we do to get there is the way it turns out...for the good or bad. I just keep telling myself that I have to keep doing the right thing, making the right decisions and teaching my goodness to my children so that they too do right in life.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• God(s) I think it's all the same presence. Religions have given different names for our maker but I like the idea of a female deity too.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Honorable ladies spirit and jsb, It is not a serious matter that you believe in existence of ALLAH or not. Truth is truth either you believe or not.
    you exists, how can I believe, I've never see you.
    Here are some verses of Qur'an,
    Say, o unbelievers, I do not worship those that you worship, neither do you worship Him whom I worship. and nor will I worship those whom you have worshiped , nor are you going to worship Him whom I worship. To you is your religion and to me, my religion.

kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 12:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2013