What would you do if a coach said to your teen child - "go jump in a swimming pool of razor blades".

This coach said that to someone at my daughters school. I don't know if anything is going to happen to him.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Whoa! Somebody like that should not be in a school.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Even I cannot not find the justification or acceptable scenario for this comment...sorry.
    Contact principal, commissioners and possibly police
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I am not condoning the behavior...BUT...have you been around HS or competitive sports recently. That comment seems, sadly,  mild to me and I have heard worse from parents. We (the general we) have gone off the deep end with competitive athletics. By the time a kid is competing at the HS level reason has gone out the window. Spent 15 years with 2 kids in highly competitive sports, saw and heard things that just make your skin crawl. From a parent removing a child's cast so they could wouldn't be "ejected" from a game, to a coach that tied kids feet together so they would "learn" the proper stroke.

It is time that parents stood up to this kind of behavior but not many will..just look at the new hit shows...Dance Moms, ?Cheer, Toddlers & Tiaras.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 9:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• After kicking his ass from here into next week, I wouldn't settle until this asshole lost his job.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I don't say the comment is acceptable. We do not know anything about this situation and yet all of you are up in arms and protecting this child , who is almost an adult. High school sports are something else and locker room talk is brutal, but it means nothing to anyone.
    I am not saying I would dismiss it but, I would sure want to know what the "victim's" part in this whole story is before I pass jusdgement and sentence him to whatever.

Maybe this is part of what is wrong in this country.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Wow. He would be sorry. Very sorry. Very, very sorry. School better take care of it because I can find out where he lives.....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I would like to know more about it too.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I'll kill him.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 6:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2013