Have you tried any of those phones with $40 monthly plans?

I would really like to try one of these plans but I want to keep my Blackberry. I wouldn't mind a new windows phone but $500 is too much.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I'm thinking of doing it because we have 4 phones right now and the plan changesy this summer and 3 will have data needs. With our current plan this is expected to be around $300. With the straight talk[ besides the phone costs] it will be[I think] $45 for first then $35 for each other 3 so that is $150 which is what we are paying for the 4 phones without data on ATT. I wish ATT would be more competitive with their data pricing
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• One of my friends did away with the plans and went to Straight Talk. He said it's fantastic for what they need it for.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I have Metro PCS, my plan is $40 and I love it! I was paying $35 for 1500 minutes/texts before. For $5 more I'm getting UNLIMITED calls and texts, and 250MB of 4g LTE, and when that runs out, I get unlimited 3g.

If you have more than one line on an account they both get $5 off the monthly plan, so since my husband has a phone, too (Galaxy s III) I'm really only paying $35.
    The worst thing is that you don't get free/cheap phones when you sign up. BUT if you look on Craigslist, a lot of people will sell their old Metro PCS phones when they upgrade, and the prices are decent.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I've thought about it because I want a no-frills phone that just makes calls and that's it. I only use my cell phone to carry with me when I go out, in case of an emergency. I just haven't gotten around to checking out the plans and making it happen.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I am thinking to get straight talk.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Yes, I have a straight talk phone. I think it's great. And they have blackberry-type phones too. Or, I think, you can get a Sim card and put it in your blackberry.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• My kids both have Virgin Mobile - 300 minutes, unlimited texting and data for $35/month. We bought them htc phones for Christmas. So far it's been great. Really good coverage and service!

Answer by missanc at 1:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• No for now staying with sprint
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• I use Virgin Moble and LOVE it. $55/month unlimited, managed to find my awesome droid phone for $119 online (regularly $229) and I wouldn't go back to a contract again.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Oh, and my phone isn't too fancy.. it cost $100. It's not a big brand name, but it IS an Android phone and I don't have any problems with it.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2013