I am a mother already of a beautiful 3 year old from my previous marriage. I am now remarried and trying for another baby and I'm having no such luck... Every time my "friend" comes at the beginning of the month I get so sad... Am I doing something wrong? Please drop some baby making knowledge please!!!! My friend is over on Monday but started Thursday...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• How long have you been trying to conceive? Did you have any trouble the first time? Does your husband have any children from previous relationships? Have you visited a gynecologist? Tried an ovulation tes kit? Is your cycle regular?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• "Please drop some baby making knowledge please!!!! OP
    I heard that sex is a great way of getting pregnant....
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:34 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Have sex in 2 Thursdays.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Maybe it is not you. Maybe it is your DH. Why call it your friend. Call it what it is, Aunt flo, the rag, Period. It sure isn't my friend.

Answer by louise2 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• all i can say is dont give up! been ttc for 8 years now and im not giving up till i get that BFP!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• 1) RELAX- stress can have a HUGE effect on your ability to conceive
    2) Get checked out. There is nothing wrong with ( and some doctors recommend) getting a pre-baby screening for both of you.
    3) (sounds silly) but a glass of wine before sex to help relax you both a little
    4) ( sounds really silly) after sex prop you rear up on a couple pillows to allow gravity to assist the swimmers
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Head to the bookstore and pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. Required reading for any owner of a uterus and ovaries. FOLLOW the info... pregnant first try.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Get checked out by your gyno. Then chart your cycle to make sure you know when you're going to ovulate. After you baby dance don't get right up, let his swimmers sit in there for a while.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 2:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• My advice is to keep track of your cycles, you don't have to chart if you don't want to but keep track of the day you start periods. If they are very regular, have sex quite a bit 2-3 weeks before your period starts. And have fun doing it, Don't make it all work and no play haha. If you keep having problems try charting! I know a lot of women who were missing the timing of it and once they started charting they got pregnant within a couple cycles.
    angel122010

Answer by angel122010 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2013