my daughter has a vaginal odor that is smiliar to musty motor oil? she just got over a UTI but I dont think the medication took care of it, is this a normal smell indicitive of a uit?

DeeannaSS

Asked by DeeannaSS at 4:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Could be caused by the antibiotic prescribed. chances are good that the UTI has cleared up, but the antibiotic caused a secondary infection....a yeast infection. Your best bet is a follow -up with her pediatrician. The sooner the better so things can get back to normal. Especially so if she still has symptoms.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE HELP ON THIS, SHE HAS AN APPOINTMENT TOMORROW. THE THING IS SHE HAD THIS ODOR VERY SLIGHT WHEN I FIRST TOOK HER IN AND NOW IT IS VERY STRONG. AND SHE IS STATING HER BACK HURTS AND ITS HARD TO PEE, SO I FIGURE UTI AGAIN. BUT WHAT GETS ME ISTHAT THE MEDICATION SHE WAS ON WAS FOR 14 DAYS, YET AGAIN THIS WILL NOT BE THE FIRST MEDICATION THAT JUST DOES NOT WORK ON HER...
    THANKS AGAIN!
    DeeannaSS

Comment by DeeannaSS (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• UTI's do not have an odor. Yeast infections do. Check her undies for discharge, and call her doctor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• What does her doctor say??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2013

• When did she stop the medication? Sounds like it could be an odor from the meds.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2013