Teen marriage

My 16 year old daughter wants me to give her consent to marry her bf. He is 17 they have been together for two years, I told her no that she is too young to marry I told her to wait until she is done with high school and then college and then I will support her fully in her decision. Thoughts? Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Troll. I'm just saying

"thoughts? Opinions?"
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Troll? Maybe. Maybe not. She's a lot calmer than my father was when I told him we were getting married.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I'm a teen and a parents, as well. I couldn't imagine being married right now. At that age, you're still discovering yourself. I wouldn't support it.. I'd at least tell my kids to wait til after high school, and even then I wouldn't be thrilled. I was raised being told that young marriages don't last..
    MalaenasMommy

Answer by MalaenasMommy at 12:37 AM on Feb. 14, 2013