No plow yet! Yikes!

Can't get out of our driveway. No plows have come through yet. About 3' in the road. Everyone is snowed in. DH couldn't go to work today. None of the side roads are plowed anywhere. Main road is iffy. WTH?? What if someone needs an ambulance? The Town really dropped the ball here. We called & they said soon! This is ridiculous for suburban NY! So question: How is your road maintenance dept.?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2013 in Home & Garden

• We don't really have one in my neighborhood. I live on a dirt road and they come grate it about once a blue moon. Other than that they are too busy taking lunch breaks and cigarette breaks and mental health breaks to get anything done.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Ahhhh I remember many winters being on the ambulance. If we were in the middle of a snow storm, the plows were dispatched to plow in front of us. Many times we followed the plow to a call and even to the hospital.

Memories.....

I hate them... I hate WINTER!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Our street is never plowed here. Here they do the freeways first then the main streets, neighborhoods are dead last. I just got back in from plowing a 2nd time in 12 hours and it started snowing again right after I got finished. Damn snow!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Oh no!! Hang in there!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Wow, that never happened when I lived in NY. I wanted to be able to stay home (but, nope: roads were clear).
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Our roads are all clear here in NY. What county?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• When we have alot of snow like that our road is private so the state does not come thru but was nice enough to do so a few years ago when we told them 2 of our neighbors were elderly and they should clear the road in case they have an emergency.

I hope they come there soon.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• our town plows before it's done snowing. Up to 8 times a day if it snows all day.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• when we were in utah- they never did our neighborhood
    and it snowed ALL the damn time
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• They said the snow is so deep & heavy that regular truck plows can't move it. So they are using payloaders & giant plows. But none have come through yet still. MY DH is out now trying to use a snow blower to make a path to the road. He is spent! We're on Mid/Eastern LI. NY is going down the drain quickly!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2013