I need meal ideas

Okay I am making next weeks menu, and I am lost on what to do. Any ideas? I like it to be simple since once I get home from work I barley get 30 minutes rest before I have to start dinner.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Sloppy Joes are easy and can be made in 15 minutes. Quesadillas, Tosadas, baked chicken legs with your fav BBQ sauce.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• roasted eggplant sandwiches.

Prepare eggplant the night before by slicing and letting it marinade in Italian dressing.

When you get home take the eggplant out and lay it on a pan. Put it in the oven on about 350 for about 20 minutes or until it is tender enough for you. We like it to stay a bit firm for texture.

Put on a GOOD roll with mayo, provolone, fresh basil and tomato.

cheap and easy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Trying this some time this week:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=308291

Just saw it on pinterest, looks pretty unscrewupable

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Chicken stir fry - I use skinless boneless chicken breast and frozen veggies. I make a sauce out of soy sauce thickened with a little cornstarch to go over it. Serve with rice.
    This week we are also having shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches out of the crockpot. We usually have "breakfast" one night/week - eggs, grits, bacon, pancakes or biscuits.

Answer by missanc at 1:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Check out this recipe for mini Mexican pizzas. Looks really good.

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/mini-mexican-pizzas/
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• I would make a batch of pasta and or potatoes , put them in zip lock bags. Here is the deal, you have around condiments such as a jar of pasta sauce,mayonnaise I purchased a large artichoke dip, and if you wish you could just add soup , sour cream, then you can have several microwave and eat meals. At the extreme end I have protein shakes when I flat out do not want to eat, I just use those shake bottles no blender needed and drink.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Turkey burgers with minced garlic, onion and oregano.
    Taco salad
    Chop salad (no lettuce, rice, black beans, hard boiled egg, cucumber, carrot, bell pepper, sunflower seeds, diced cheese).
    I don't know why I'm giving advice. I'm so burned out on cooking, I should just read these responses.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• This was great! We loved it. Easy. Ingredients. Chicken, 1/2 c mayo, 1/4 c parm. 1/4 c bread crumbs. Put chicken in a cassorle dish, mix mayo and parm, top chic. w/ mayo parm mix, sprinkle w/ bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 45 min. Or until done.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Utilize your crock pot ( if you don't have one- get one!! )

Cheesy cauliflower chili (Except I use navy beans and chicken stock)  You can have it all together and in the fridge ( less the cheese ) and start it before work.

BBQ chicken again you can have this prepared the night before in the fridge and set it up i the am.

Beans and Beef ( to go over rice, potaotes or toast ) I use this recipe but add cooked and drained ground beef to it

these are just a few- there are HUNDREDS if not thousands. 

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Pizza quiche. It can be mostly the night before and reheated in the oven the next night. It is yum... I would make 2.

Breakfast!  Overnight french toast casserole with eggs and fresh fruit.  Or biscuits and gravy and fruit.  Or a fritatta.

Can you tell I might like to cook?

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2013