Her choice to take a shower

Do I force my 9 yr old to take a shower or do I let her wallow in her own stink?

She is old enough to take a shower by herself and I get tired of arguing about it. She is home schooled so its not like she goes out very much but when we do I make sure that her hair is brushed and stuff I won't let her visibly go nasty. I just braided her hair and showed her the mound that came out on the brush hoping that its enough to say "this is what happens when you don't wash or take care of your hair" she said " I'll take a shower next time

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter does the same thing -- she just DOESN'T want to take a shower. She whines about it. It's crazy.

Maybe you could make a chart or something so she KNOWS what days she has to take a shower -- or make it the same days.
    Whatever it is, I always have more of an issue with her ARGUING with me than not taking a shower, because my child needs to listen to me and not argue about it (most especially if it's about cleanliness).
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Regardless if she is homeschooled, it should be a routine to get up, put on clean clothers, shower everyother day, brush teeth at least once daily and comb hair. Kids do good and need routine. You must teach her this.
    dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 4:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• It needs to be instilled now, hygiene is not optional!
    Moeff

Answer by Moeff at 12:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2013