How to make a 6 month baby sleep all night?

My girl is 6 months old, according to her doctor she should be able to sleep the entire night already, i would love for her to do it because i work the entire week and i feel always tired and sleepy, any advise?

Vian.aram

Asked by Vian.aram at 7:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can't really "make" a baby do anything.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• should be able to AND actually doing it are two different things.

My now 13 year old didn't sleep through the night until he was 4 years old, but my now 3 year old started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old.

Each child is different.

Good luck!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Your doctor is wrong. Neither of my 2 DD's slept through the night tell they were over a year old. Between diaper changes and being hungry. I guess some babies do. If you are lucky. Depends on what you consider "sleep all night" too. some moms are happy to get 6 hours. but I considered  "sleep all night" , 8 hours.

Answer by louise2 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• You don't "make" a baby do anything. All kids have different sleep patterns. The most you can do is see that they are well fed before bed to cut down on waking up hungry and finding what soothes them the most.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• LOL 3libras ... you took the words right out of my mouth!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Your doctor is wrong.

louise2 the doctor isn't wrong... just b/c the baby is able doesn't mean it will. One of mine slept thru the night at 2 months... one didn't sleep all night until she was 4!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• The doctor makes it sound like her child has problems. That her child doesn't. So he/she(the doctor) is wrong. Crafty26. And please do not address me any more.

Answer by louise2 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• louise2 her doc says "she should be able to sleep the entire night already"... which is true. The doc is not wrong.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• My kids were all over a year
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Discussion over!  Agree to disagree!

Answer by louise2 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2013