What do you think about the Stimulus award being given only to colleges that have no religious associations whatsoever?

In other words, if a college even just rents out a room for a religious purpose they cannot get any money. Isn't this sort of reverse discrimination. Yet there is going to be plenty of money given out for planned parenthood and abortions in these colleges.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• But it is not just about religious colleges. It can be a state college, but if they let anything religious happen in their school they cannot get any money. For instance if they allow a student to use a room for anything that has to do with religion they will not be granted any money.
    Anonymous

• Separation between Church and state. One of the main foundations of our country. Abortion is legal, not religious.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• reverse discrimination

OH NO, not that term again.
    Anonymous

• I think that is really extreme. A building is a building. It is not as if the college is trying to influence the students.
    Anonymous

• Religious colleges have higher tuitions (I know because my oldest went to a Catholic college) and they have better programs so i think that it's fine for non-religious schools to get help.
    Anonymous

• Anon 6:05 The religious colleges are there to influence the students. My son is Jewish but all of the good colleges with stellar teaching programs around here are Catholic ones. All of them expect them to attend Mass every day and they expect them to take a Theology class. It's mandatory. My son is secure in his Faith annd had no problem with it, he finds religions interesting. religious colleges rightly expect their students to attend religious services and to uphold a certain religious standard of values and morals. Public colleges are very different.

Anonymous

• What stacymomof2 said.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Government-owned property should not be used for religious purposes.

State colleges are government-owned.

It makes perfect sense to me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• That means colleges with Teen challenge or Campus Crusades cannot get the money? That's discrimatory (sp?) to me .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• That is exactly it Shaneagle777. It is like they are stopping the good, and promoting the bad.
    Anonymous