My PP sugar level is 205 and aged 32 years. I am losing my weight. Any advice to increase weight.

I am 32 years old female. Recently I am diagonised as Diabetic. I have lost atleast 6-7 kgs weight for the past 3 months. How to increase the weight?

Gees81

Asked by Gees81 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2013 in Health

• You're diabetic and you want to know how to GAIN weighy? Isn't obesity one of the leading causes of diabetes? You SHOULD be losing weight as well as dieting and excercising and possibly even taking medication to get that under control.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• how much do you weigh? EAT HEALTHY and excecise
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• Ecery diabetic I know (and I know quiet a few) wants to LOSE weight, not gain it!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2013

• It depends if it's type 1 or type 2. I have type 2, and yes I am over weight. I take oral meds. Weight loss is difficult. Type 1 is insulin dependent. If your insulin isn't regulated correctly, it can cause weight loss. 205 is too high. Is that a fasting blood sugar? Are you type 1 or 2? Are you seeing a doctor? If you are on insulin, you might need to adjust how much you are taking. But it must be your doctor who decides how much to adjust it. Go see your doc.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• 205?? That's high... when was the last time you talked to your doc?? B/c you need to very soon! Have the doc send you to a nutritionist for help with this... that's your best bet!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Do you mean OP how to increase the weight loss, to lose it faster?? Being diabetic is problematic when it comes to using any weight loss drugs, like Alli or Sensa, cause while they do help out significantly it raises the blood sugar. Have you thought about the lap band surgery? My DH bff's wife was diagnosed with diabetes and she was qualified for the lap band. Within a year and a half, she was off the diabetic drugs and this was 4 yrs ago and she is doing great and keeping her blood sugar at normal, and still drug free!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• If your doctor has put you on Metformin it could be that. 6-7 kg is a healthy amount of weight for a diabetic to lose in 3 months. Losing it too fast often results in putting it back on fast and that is worse for a diabetic than for the rest of the world. Has your doctor advised you on what you should be eating and what you should be trying to avoid? Has anyone explained about starches, glycemic index, etc?

How much wieght are you looking to lose?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• This is a question that you should ask your doctor.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2013