Where is a good place for single moms to chat, bounce stuff off each other? Does this site have that? Anyone know?

DeeannaSS

Asked by DeeannaSS at 1:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

• Ummm..... Here?
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 5:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• The answers section is a good place to start. It can get pretty busy in here and the atmosphere can be thick at times (try to keep a thick skin about you - it is a public forum after all). There are also groups for specific categories as well. If you click on the groups tab on top of the page and then look to the right side of the screen, you will find 'group finder' under the Explore Groups heading. You can put any area of interest in the group finder box and it will try to match your search with groups within the site.

Welcome to CafeMom.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• It does somewhere but hardly anyone gets on it and the most likely place to talk is in the group rooms ask a question and you will gets lots of replys. Good luck and I am always here to chat.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• What do you do for work?

Everything. Done. It's. Thought. Etiquette.

;)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Hi Deeanna. There are a lot of single moms on CM Answers who will probably understand exactly where you are coming from. We have tons of good clean (and sometimes not quite so clean) fun around here--and usually, we don't bounce bricks and stuff off each other too hard. *Smile.*

The only thing I would caution you is to think carefully before you post anything too personal. This is the Internet, after all, so whatever you write is written down forever. The Anon button might help some, but use it sparingly because some of the moms around here get suspicious of too many Anonymous questions. Some also tend to be blunt to a fault at times, so don't post anything you don't want opinions on, and opinions that are different from yours. Lastly, take what you need, ignore the rest. That goes for what I say, too. There's your two bits worth of free advice, worth about what it cost you. Welcome!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Oh Deeanna....WELCOME TO CAFEMOM!!!!! We do all that and more....and then some. Wasn't joking on the cat fights! Things tend to gt a little heated around Aunt Flo's visits of course. But others have no excuse, and the word 'bitch' is encoded in their DNA. But there are lots of moms on here who are very nice and will welcome you into our bosoms :) Staci and I are welcoming most times. Oh and you better have thick skin, and do not get offended easily!!

welcome to cafemom

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• oh sorry, at my work everythign has to be doen in caps, its habit...lol...never even thoght about computer edicate...lol...sorry folks, and thanks for letting me know;)
    DeeannaSS

Comment by DeeannaSS (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• LOL, I was thinking more along the lines of talking about all the ups and downs that go along with single parenting. hOw to get over the fact that all the sudden one day you open your door and there he is to see his little girl and you just at the mere site of him get pissed and angry inside and he appears to ugly inside and out....weird this just happened to me yesterday. I find myself a little closer to understanding other parents that have been in my shoes. I just dont knwo where I can go to express things that are changing inside of me and to gather advice from others experiences so I can feel more comfortable in knowing that I have a varied array of opinions, objections and experiences to draw from then decide the correct steps fr me to take, that are the best for Shianne......yada yada yada.....loll
    anyways bounce stuff like that off eachother.
    DeeannaSS

Comment by DeeannaSS (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Use lower case letters Deeanna...We all tend to get our feathers ruffled a bit. First warning... :)
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• "Bounce what off each other?"Staci
    Bricks...2x4's....Ummmm oh ya shit slinging is always good. And lets see, oh a good cat fight is always perks up the night of course. But then we gang up on the mom who SCREAMS at us...What else am I missing??
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2013