Do you agree with others on their limiting posting on social networks about their relationship?

would you prefer someone to be with you and care about you or would you sit there and still be with them when you see they dont but instead post it to the world? i dont understand why females post too much of their life every single thing in detail and take 1 billion pictures of the guy and post it. I seen a guy in my college class dumped his girlfriend because she put nearby their whole life on the internet including what he be saying word from word just to show the nation he cares when he really dont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes. Wait. No. Wait. What?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• im asking do u agree with others when they say dont post your relationship on facebook? what is you referring to
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Yes.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I don't believe you should share your relationship details with anyone other than your partner. I think it's immature to blab everything to your friends so, in my book, it's even more immature to blab everything in FB for the world (albeit limited) to see.

I also have this theory ... I believe that if you feel you have to talk about something to all and sundry then it wasn't worth doing in the first place ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• yes
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I think posting relationship details on facebook is juvenile and that is usually who I see doing it. I do not agree that relationship details should only be discussed with the partner though. There are times where you just need to vent about something stupid they did and a close friend is wonderful for that. If it is happening every other day then there is a problem, but something small and benign that annoyed you can be discussed with a good friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• yes, it's really annoying and nobody GAF about people's relationship. plus, those who do that are opening themselves up for judgment. don't sit there one day and post "my BF is such an ass" and the next "OMFG I LOVE MY BF!" and not expect negative feedback.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I think whatever works for the couple is fine...but it should work for them BOTH. If they both want nothing posted, then post nothing. If they are both okay with everything they ever do/say to be posted online, then that's fine too.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I think the occasional, somewhat generic posts are fine. You know, things like "Oh, my husband brought me some beautiful roses today!" or when my parents were celebrating their last anniversary, she posted, "Thirty-six years ago, I married the love of my life and we're still together today!" - those I think are sweet and fine. But I don't need to know about every little fight you two have, what time you had sex last night and how long it lasted or anything like that. I am very particular about what I post about my relationships (when I'm in one) because I'm really big on privacy in a relationship.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Sometimes its a way of a coping process and also to share there feelings. Let them do it and if you dont want to see it take them off your news feed. Let people share there love and feelings openly weather you agree or not.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2013