Do people really get colds from the weather?

I've always heard they were caused by viruses. What is the real culprit?

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Health

• yep ypu are right , its visuses n ot weather.Now sinus issues, those can be effected by the weather , like extreme temp changes, but as far as the old wives tale of "do not go out with wet hair" and such are just stories.Unless there is visus in the cold air lol or your wet hair, you cannot catch anything that way.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Thanks. That is good to know, because I am watching my kids roll around in the snow and I am thinking that I really can't afford for them to all get sick. I hope there are no viruses in the cold air Lol. They're having lots of fun though.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• The real culprit is being in bad health. If you have good health you wouldnt get one.

Cold weather can make your more prone to catching things though but its health that is the factor in whether you get anything.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• This article about weather and colds might be interesting.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• you canbe the healthiest person on the planet and catch the rhinovirus(common cold) .If you are in poor health it will be much worse but unless you are wearing plastic wrap, you can catch a cold no matter what your health status.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2009