Could you do a word fast?

Gateway Goddess: Looking at Lent through Pagan Eyes

A word fast is a period of time (day, week, etc) where you commit to "No TV, no Internet, no talking or singing, no books or writing unless on sacred or spiritual topics. "

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Religious Debate

•  I hadno idea it was a pagan thing, though.

I can see how that would come as a surprise, but if you think about it, it probably shouldn't.  Easter, after all, is based on Pagan celebrations of birth and spring, and the idea of sacrifice isn't trade-marked by Christians, either - many religions of many cultures have felt the need to appease the gods or curry favor by offering sacrifices, whether bloody or otherwise.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• No, my heart wouldn't be in it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Nope. Between work and the kids... I think the older three would understand, but the younger one has too many issues. Her ADHD alone would drive me to the breaking point within five minutes.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Sure.  It's called a nap.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2013